To help instructors maintain their students’ NCCER records and assist their sponsor representative with managing the NCCER training program, below are helpful reminders surrounding recordkeeping requirements and maintaining NCCER certification as a Craft Instructor and/or Performance Evaluator.
Student records must include:
- Registration & Release Form
- Graded written module exams
- Performance profile sheets
*Please note: If using NCCER’s Testing system, only the Registration & Release forms and the performance profile sheets will be kept on file.
TIPS AND BEST PRACTICES
- Teach out of the latest edition of the curriculum.
- Module exams and performance profile sheets must be from the same edition of the curriculum.
- Questions may not be added or removed from the module exams. That is strictly prohibited by NCCER Guidelines
- Maintain student records for a minimum of 3 years or until the next NCCER audit takes place.
- Student records and NCCER materials must be kept in a locked cabinet or scanned and kept electronically on a secured server.
- If retiring or leaving the training location, please notify your Sponsor Representative
- Reach out to your Sponsor Representative for any questions or concerns.
- Utilize NCCER’s support site (support.nccer.org) for how-to articles and videos on how to navigate NCCER’s Registry and Testing systems.