The below is a sample script that can be used by individuals proctoring module exams. The document covers need to know information for assisting students, instructors & proctors in navigating the testing process.
Please listen carefully and remain quiet. No talking is allowed during the test session. Please put everything that is not authorized away from your testing area. This is a closed book test. If you have any questions or problems navigating during testing, please raise your hand. Any questions?
Please follow instructions as given. There are two options for signing into the testing system (proctor should read the option that they prefer):
Navigate to testing.nccer.org
Navigate to www.nccer.org
You should see the Test Taker login screen. Log in with your NCCER card number OR AltID (i.e., SSN, State Issued School ID, etc.) and last name.
- You will see a ‘Welcome’ screen with your name and card number shown. Click on the button with your name and card number to proceed.
- You should now see the test(s) assigned to you. Let me know if you do not see a test title or if you see the wrong test title.
- Click the “Start” button.
- IMPORTANT - If you see a “Resume” button for this test or the button is greyed out and cannot be clicked, please raise your hand and I will assist you.
I will now authorize you to begin your test. IMPORTANT - Once you have entered your test, if you click outside of the test (open a new tab, minimize your screen, open another program or application, etc.) your test will automatically pause and will have to be re-authorized.
- Once your test is authorized, your screen will automatically refresh, allowing you to proceed. Click Proceed.
- The Release Statement and NCCER Retesting Policy will display. Please read this carefully. You must “Accept” the terms to proceed.
Once you enter the Scored Items section of your test, your time will begin. You may use the calculator built into the test tool bar. Do NOT use the computer’s calculator. If you try to use the computer’s calculator, your test will be paused and must be resumed and reauthorized. When you reach the end of the test, you will have the opportunity to go back and review your answers before ending the testing session.
- When you have completed your test and see your test score, you MUST click the “End Test” button, located at the bottom, right of the screen (you may have to scroll down to see the “End Test” button) OR you can wait 8 seconds while the screen timer counts down to “0”. DO NOT EXIT THE BROWSER.
- Once you have ended your test, please raise your hand.
Post-Instructions: For proctor only. Do NOT read aloud.
BEFORE allowing the Test Taker to leave the testing session:
- “Refresh” the proctor screen and confirm the test status is “Complete” and the Progress is “Finished”.
- If the progress shows any other status or progress, the test taker did not click “End Test” or allow the timer to reach zero. IMPORTANT! If the test taker did not properly end their test, they must resume their test and properly end or their score report will not be generated, and their record (if passed) will not transmit to the Registry.
- Collect all scratch paper.
- Collect any question/comment forms, review and submit via the Proctor Console.
- Retrieve Score Reports and Training Prescriptions.
Resume Test Instructions: How to Resume a Module Test – Solution guide.
How to Submit Question/Comment form: Submit Question/Comments to NCCER – Solution guide.