A Master Trainer is an individual certified in accordance with NCCER's Master Trainer Instructor Certification Training Program (MTICTP) and is authorized to train and certify Craft Instructors, Performance Evaluators, and Curriculum Proctors. Master Trainers are trained and certified directly by NCCER at various classes scheduled around the US. The class schedule and locations can be found on our website under Class Dates & Registration.
★ A current Master Trainer Certification is a requirement for both Sponsor Representatives and Primary Administrators.
Qualifications to Attend Class
An individual must be approved by the Sponsor Representative of an Applicant, Candidate, or Accredited Training Sponsor; OR the Primary Administrator of an Applicant, Candidate, or Accredited Assessment Center to attend the Master Trainer class. They must also meet the following qualifications:
- Two years experience as a trainer, instructor, or educator OR
- An associate degree or higher in education, a construction-related field, industrial arts, engineering, chemistry, or similar field from an accredited post-secondary institution OR
- A minimum of two years of experience at a supervisory level or higher in the construction or maintenance industry.
Additional Resources (hyperlinks)
- How to Register to Attend Master Trainer Class
- Class Registration Fees
- How to Transfer a Class Registration
- How to Cancel a Class Registration
- How to Maintain the Master Trainer Certification